Makeup Favourites: February 2014

08:59




Mac Eyeshadow Palettes - All That Glitters

When I first got my Mac Eyeshadows a couple of Christmas's ago I pushed them to the side after having bad experiences with creasing and lasting power. Used with a Maybelline Colour Tattoo however, (namely On and On bronze), the shadows last all day without creasing and have been my shadows of choice over the past few months. All that glitters in particular ( bottom right ) has been my favourite. 

Nars Zen Blusher

This blusher was another item of which my feelings have sharply turned and that I now couldn't go without. It would seem that I was using the wrong brush with this and that combined with my Mac 109, as opposed to one of my RT brushes, that this is much easier to apply the amount I want to and then blend out with my multi task brush by Samantha Chapman. Because of the suede/ brown colour I can either use this as a blusher, bronzer or contour so for the price is very versatile.

Sleek Contour Kit

As always, a little late on the bandwagon with this one but well worth the wait. Both the contour and highlight have great pigmentation and are soft to apply onto the cheeks. Being a pale girl I was relieved that the contour shade doesn't look muddy on the cheeks and blends easily to add natural depth to your face.

MAC 109 Brush

This brush perfectly compliments the Sleek Contour Kit. With synthetic brushes I found that I didn't get the pigmentation of the Sleek highlighter that I wanted however because of the hair and size of this brush, it doesn't harbour the product but ensures that the colour in the pan is the colour on your cheeks.

Seventeen Primer

For those that read my review of the Seventeen On the Spot Foundation may recall my initial dislike for it and the fact that it is a couple shades too dark and cakey meant that it got pushed to the back of my foundation drawer. Alas, Seventeen launched this wonder multitasking primer which means I can finally use my foundation up instead of it gathering dust. I mix this on the back of my hand and it instantly makes it lighter, gives a lighter coverage and looks glowy. I also love this on its own following foundation and before any powder products to add a glow to your cheeks. A great multi-tasker and really affordable!

What are your current favourites? Beth xx


You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. Great picks, I love Sleek contour palettes!
    http://whattaylorbuys.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've seen lots of reviews about the nars Zen blush it looks gorgeous, I love nars blushes. They're so pigmented.

    Love Beth | BethBlogsBeauty
    Xx

    ReplyDelete

I will endeavour to reply to all comments by email. Please leave your link with your comment and I will check out your blog. If you want to contact me via twitter you can do so at @CosmticLover

Subscribe